Banner

http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/facelift/ajollychristmasbanner.jpg

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Roy’s Latest Email

Capitol Hill or BUST!‏

10/20/09

  
  
  
  

So in the MTC we met a Return Missionary who had been to the Seattle Mission. One of the things that he talked a lot about was the terrors of Capitol Hill apparently it's the center of the weird gay's of the world. Apparently most missionaries don't end up serving there because there are so many area's so most of us MTC trainees felt safe from

receiving that call in fact I had almost pushed the Idea of Capital Hill completely out of my mind. Today after emails we went to make the transfers imagine my surprise to find that my second transfer I was sent to Capitol Hill. To make things even more exciting I'll be here during Halloween. I'm so stoked! My new Companion is Elder Burton he's been out for a little over a year apparently he came out September 19, 2008. He seems really cool I'm excited to get to work with him. Apparently this is another slow area so hopefully we will be able to get things going he seems excited about the work although he seems a little discouraged with the ward, but that can be fixed.
How are you guys doing we're going to go shopping after this I had to figure out what this apartment already had and what I was going to need.
Unfortunately I'm going to have to buy more pancake mix, the good news is if I hadn't been transferred I have had to buy more anyway because I was running low. The great think about pancake mix is its super cheap and lasts a lot of mornings. Well now I'm just rambling about pancake mix so I think I should just get off and write a letter or two. Hope you have a great week Thanks for all the letters and love
Elder Long

No comments:

Sailing

Sailing
Family Day on the Lake summer 2006

Lagoon (what fun is)

Lagoon       (what fun is)
All of us kids on the new ride Wicked at Lagoon

We Are Family

We Are Family
Pausing for a picture at Lagoon. We had a blast but Dad seemed to get tired way too easily. hopefully after he gets a new liver he will be able to keep up with us again. We had our cousin Landon join us so we would all have a partner for the rides.
Welcome to our family website. I am still trying to get the hang of this so it might be a little messy and boring at first but I hope you will enjoy seeing what our family has been up to lately. ~Annie (RaeAnn)